Labor Union Resolution
Statewide organizational sign-on letter
- Protesting "Secure Communities" (9/21/11)
On August 18th, Voces members Jim Cusack, Ken Greening and Bill Lange traveled to the Haymarket Monument in Chicago to attend a press conference held before an Advisory Task Force hearing on “Secure Communities.”
- The New Sanctuary Movement Is Calling You, Too (4/1/11)
Robert, a native of Philadelphia PA, has been working at Voces de la Frontera as part of his formation training with Saint Joseph Province of the Capuchin Franciscans, since August 2010.
- A Victim of Broken Immigration Law (11/24/10)
I met Gustavo Gomez in the spring of 1999. He was an Iron Worker and member of the union...
- Raking in the federal dollars and ignoring the damage done (6/18/10)
Dodge County is raking in federal dollars holding undocumented immigrants awaiting deportation - and ignoring the damage being done to families when a parent is deported.
- Civil disobedience in Chicago stops deportations (5/10/10)
On April 26th a group of interfaith leaders from Chicago organized an all night vigil and protest. This action resulted in the arrest of 22 religious and community leaders as part of nation-wide escalating actions demanding President Barack Obama to put an end to raids and deportations and in reaction to SB 1070.
- Celebrate Las Posadas (12/14/09)
All were invited to join in prayerful celebration of Las Posadas, as we remember the holy journey made by Mary and Joseph, and call faithfully present all of those immigrants who having left their native land, seek "posada" in the United States.
- St. Adalberto Catholic Church on May 12 to commemorate the first anniversary of the tragic immigration raid in Postville, Iowa. (6/8/09)
Milwaukee event one of hundreds held around the country as people gathered to pray for immigrant families and to call for comprehensive immigration reform.
- Vigil stands with victims of ICE raids (12/16/08)
On December 4th, one of the coldest days of the year, people of faith gathered outside the local immigration office to stand against raids and deportations that have torn apart thousands of families.
- Faith groups protest at ICE offices (9/10/08)
The New Sanctuary Movement has begun a monthly interfaith prayer vigil outside the local Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office.
- Know Your Rights (4/10/08)
If immigration visit your home...
- Whitewater Raid: The First Anniversary of a Tragedy (8/11/07)
Today, Whitewater is still feeling the pain. The first anniversary was a chance for people to come together.
Myths & Facts
Myth: The United States cannot absorb present immigrant numbers
Fact: 11.5% of the U.S. population is foreign-born today. At the start of the last century it was 15%. Previous waves of immigrants were met with
suspicion, too, yet all of them are now saluted for the contributions they have made.
Get more of the facts >>
- The Time Is Now:
- A powerful message to Congress
- Workers file new charges as legislators demand accountability at Palermo's: